Hitting the limit of 5 collection references

Hi,

I need to filter items of a collection by five different categories. So far so good. But it’s also necessary to show related items at each item page, so I would have 6 collection references at all. But with the regular CMS hosting this is one collection reference more, as allowed.

Especially the “Individualprogramme” filter is a problem, as this page should show just so called “Individualprogramme” filtered by the category of “Aktivitäten”
(activities)

I tried a lot to sail around this, but until now without success.

Does anybody know, maybe @PixelGeek, if there is a way to solve this, without switching to the expensive business hosting model?

Here the project link:

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/actionfuntours?preview=debaa0d5c401ed4c05b4d03ae169a34b

I was not aware of this limitation before convincing my client, to make this project with Webflow and I fear, I cannot ask him to pay more as double of the monthly fee for business hosting, just for having one more category filtering, a this is on the other side just a small project.

Any help would be great.

Hi Pupinko,
I’m not really sure if my answer will solve your problem, but the first thing that comes to my mind, is that the collection Individualprogamme’ don’t have any individualprogrammes in that collection… so maybe it would help if you add at least one, and maybe use Multi-Reference to be able to filter it?
I’m not an expert on this, but I’ve never run into a limit of 5 collections before, even when using the free plan. So maybe this is worth a shot?

Hope it works out for you, and wish you the best of luck @pupinko

Best,
sven

1 Like

Thank you for trying to help @Sven_Erik_Slattedale, not a solution, but at least a response.

I tested several ways and run always in the same limitation thing and be sure, I had already some data entries in this collection, before.

Meanwhile I solved this by manually preparing pages for every additional category and it works fine as a workaround.

Cheers

Harald