Hey all! On GTmetrix all my Webflow websites used to get an A-score, but now many of them are performing less (B, C or D score) while I didn’t change anything on the websites or re-published them.
For reference I’ll use my personal portfolio website: www.spano.agency - total page size 492KB and currently scoring a C >> https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.spano.agency/fxZ0tKrN/
They mention that the top issue is ‘long main-thread tasks’. Usually I would start with tracing back my steps and see what caused it, but since these issues appeared out of nowhere I can’t do that…
Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?
Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)
The one tool that is used by almost every “site performance” service is lighthouse. Which is found in most all chromium dev tools. It changes frequently so how things are measured is not static.
If you care to follow the changes you can on the Github repo. https://github.com/GoogleChrome/lighthouse/blob/master/changelog.md
FIXED: multiple native gradient circle we’re causing it
I came up with an idea after noticing that my other 2 pages were performing well.
- Duplicated my home page
- Remove section after section and re-test
- Turns out the first thing I removed caused it: native gradient circles
Changed the design and back to an A score now.