Google spreadsheet to CMS

Is there any way to use zapier to populate all the data on my google spreadsheet in my database?

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

No, but it is not exactly

Can’t this be done in Zapier with update (live) item to Webflow?
I’ve been trying, but Zapier request a “Item ID” which i don’t have.

Anybody been trying to import (live) data from Google Spreadsheets to Webflow CMS?
This would be a gamechanger.

It seem like webflow is really lacking the triggers to really enable good workflows.

• Updated item

• New item

With these triggers we could get the ids of collections as the first step.

In my use-case i need the right (and working) actions.
» Detect Updated row(s) in Google Spreadsheets
» Put new rows/cells into (existing) live CMS items in Webflow.

That’s it.
But i’m missing an important “Item” value, which doesn’t exist anywhere.
(i’m thinking this has to do with Webflow and E-commerce)

For you the current triggers are:

Also both in line with e-commerce - i’m missing just regular triggers like you just proposed.

@icexuick- Was this against a regular collection or Ecommerce products?

The screenshot is from Zapier. I would like to connect Google Spreadsheet to Webflow, to a regular collection.

I have been able to use zapier to add a live item when a new column has been updated successfully, however I cannot find out how to update. If data is changed (updated) in any particular cell it is sent to webflow creating a duplicate. I am new to this intergration, am I doing something wrong. I don’t want all the duplicates…

@POWWOW - You need to have an existing item ID value mapped to each row in your spreadsheet for updates and zapier needs to bind on that. The _ID value is unique and created by webflow on record creation. So when you create a new entry, you don’t know what that is.

I usually make a call via the API that fetches all the items in a collection.
http://developers.webflow.com/#get-all-items-for-a-collection

Then I convert the JSON response to CSV. I use that to populate the Google Sheet. I then set the ID column as the match in zapier for updates.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your recommendation. I have been able to update live items with no problem using The Item_ID value which I was able to pull using postman and the api info you described. I then updated each cell with the proper item_ID.

I have created 2 zaps.

• (Scenario 01) Trigger only updates if finds any update in any column which has a filter added to only continue if particular cell in google sheet cell item_ID exsists.

• (Scenario 02) Trigger creates live item if new row has been created in google sheet. This also has a filter but this filter only continues if cell item_ID does not exsist.

What I am wondering is there any way to go backwards? Like if scenario 2 completes is there a way to have webflow update the google sheet with the new item_ID or do I have to manually update this every time?

Hopefully this makes sense.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

@POWWOW - I think you need to do it manually with Zapier. I really don’t use zapier other than for helping people work through issues. I prefer to just use the API directly. I am pretty sure that over time you should see more triggers so this could happen. Hopefully someone at webflow is working with them. I would suggest making this visible over on Zapier’s side. Maybe in forums or as a request.

You are quite welcome.

do you have an example that I could work from please?
I am at square 1 with the API’s but what I am trying to achieve is:

• have the content of certain cells in a google sheet appear on my website (through my webflow CMS)
    any specific help you could offer would be amazing! Thanks :slight_smile: