Hi @GrahamCox, here is some stats I pulled up, hopefully this will help you to understand where the bottlenecks are:
Overall site weight: 1.2mb (not bad, well within normal)
While loading page I took notice of the following:
Time spent per content type
40.83% images – suggestion to compress images on site (although it is only taking 353kb now, so not much)
32.69% scripts – Higher than average, should be around 15% max for better site performance, suggestions:
a. try to reduce the number of scripts executing on the page from third party services
Of the scripts that run, 28.3% are run for third party services. The page has to load different scripts such as AddThis, Hotjar.com, Aweber. The remaining 7.23 percent are for other scripts (modernizer.js, webflow.js, google adwords conversion, google tag manager, jquery)
b. There is a total of 429kb out of 1.2mb of google fonts downloading, so reducing the number of fonts will help. Also reducing the number of fonts, will reduce the number of requests the page is making to Google.
css and html are not really an issue in terms of speed, with the total size around 37.5kb. If you are hosting this site on an external server, you can minify your css and html to further reduce the size. Currently your site is NOT minified.
Lastly, I did not see the Webflow site that your main site is based on, as published. One other factor could be actual server performance. If you were to publish your internal webflow domain, I can run a quick overall speed comparison.
I hope this helps Cheers, Dave