Getting button to link to product category

I’m trying to get different links throughout my site to link to different parts of my e-commerce.

Some of them should lead to their specific category, others to the main shop front. However, when I got to link settings I only get the option to link to my home page (only static page at this point).

How can I link any button to a specific category or other dynamic page?

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

If the element or link you want to create is not within a collection list, you do it manually. Note the full collection path and slug and then set the target to an external relative link like /collection-name/collection-item-slug , that will work when the site is published.

2 Likes

Hey webdev, if only pasting in the path/slug, does this mean the element/button/link won’t work when only previewing the site, before being published?

ie: “/category/shop-all”

Yes. That is correct.

2 Likes

I love the Webflow forum! Thank you for the concise answer to the OP question, webbed… it was EXACTLY what I needed as well!

Am I doing something wrong? I’m trying to link a simple button to a product page, but when I try to copy and paste the URL from the slug. It doesn’t copy. Is this not where I copy the link?

link highlighted in blue

It’s a issue in the designer. Instead just copy the slug for the item and manually add the collection slug since it is always the same. This way you have a relative URL which is what you should be using anyway.

Hi Jeff
thank you for your help.

So just to make sure I’m doing this right. I added a collection and put in the name of the product.

Then I linked the button to the slug provided in the collection.
Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 3.28.15 PM

But I can’t QC the button until the site is using a real web domain.

Is that correct?

From videos I’ve watched it’s supposed to look like this
Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 2.07.42 PM

and mine looks like this
Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 2.08.18 PM

The link would look like /chasestations/cs1-basic