"Get Text from..." CMS collection fields not showing up

I’m trying to create a landing page for my blog that displays the title and image of each article. Visitors can then click to view the full article. However, I’m having trouble binding typography elements to the CMS fields.

I’ve created a CMS collection using the blog template and populated it with five samples. Then, I created a brand-new page and added a “collection list” element, connecting it to my collection. While I can add a div block to the collection item and grab the background image from the collection, I’m unable to bind typography elements like text blocks, headings, or rich text. I don’t see the option of “get text from…” in the settings.

The only typography-related element where I can see the option to “get text from…” is the text link element

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.

Click the little purple dot, that’s the binding button.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I was following YouTube tutorials and none of them had the settings hiding behind the purple dot!

Yeah it’s quite a new UX change.
I think Webflow is trying to condense some of the controls so that more can fit, so they’ve gone with the binding convention introduced in Logic.

I kinda like it.

1 Like