Generating sitemap for collection items

Dear members,

I’m looking for a way to add different sitemaps for individual collection items and nest them inside the main sitemap. Currently, Webflow gives you the ability to add only sitemap which is sitemap.xml. Here’s an example of what I’m trying to achieve:

This has been suggested by our SEO person to improve the ranking of our site. Please let me know if there is a way to do this. It can be done in WordPress.

No there is no native capability in Webflow for this.

I’ve built this with a reverse proxy before, but not for SEO reasons. I typically set this up when I have dynamic data integrated from an external source like a WP blog.

I haven’t seen any indication of an SEO advantage in separating sitemaps. It’s typically done when you exceed the 50,000 max sitemap records or for systems reasons ( separate website parts run on separate systems and build individual sitemaps ).

If you find some study or docs that there’s an SEO advantage here, please share. Otherwise, you can do everything you want in Webflow using a custom sitemap, and add signals like lastmod, priority, and change freq - most of which Google ignores due to abuse.