Form Creation help

Hi,

I want to be able to make more follow-up questions appear when the previous question is either answered with a drop down or yes/no choice.

Thanks

Hi @Hiry,

Here are a few from the Webflow Showcase you can clone and modify:

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Hey asksj,

I was looking for moreโ€ฆ

If the user answers โ€œYesโ€ then these set of questions will appear. If โ€œNoโ€, then these set of questions will appear. If nothing is chosen, nothing will appear.

I hope this is more clear.

Got itโ€”unfortunately conditional behavior like this is not really possible natively with Webflow forms. I know there is a way to do something similar with MemberStack where data is being updated in user profiles, but outside of that Iโ€™m not really skilled enough to give a better solution. Sorry! Hope someone else can help here.

Hello @Hiry,

I see what are you trying to do, a conditional form, you can use custom code, or a third party plugin to achieve that, however you can also try the first example that @asksj posted for you ( I only checked the first example, the other two might help too). You want to condition your questions on a form based on whether your user selects YES or NO, right? Why donโ€™t you make the slider on example one, multi-step-form - Webflow, to have two buttons, YES and NO, Yes will take your user to a different page with all the questions for that criteria, and No will do the same but different questions. That way you control where your user goes based on their answers. Do you see what I mean? I hope this makes sense. Let me know if you have any questions.

1 Like

Isnโ€™t this kind of a survey then? Not sure if Typeform supports conditional behavior.
If yes: Typeform Integration | Webflow University

1 Like

Hi Pablo,

Would it be possible if you could send me an example of the custom code or which third party plugins Iโ€™d need?

Iโ€™d prefer not making the form multiple pages because, in my opinion, doing that hurts the usability of the form too much. Iโ€™m trying to create a seamless experience while using the form that doesnโ€™t make the user go through multiple pages.

Hello @Hiry,

I see what you mean, you want your UX more seamless and intuitive, I see how multiple pages could confuse some users. So, for a conditional forms you can use this Conditional Logic Forms , a friend of mine use it before and recommended it, there you can make forms and embed them on your site, I think you need a membership but they let you explore for free. As for costume code, that is a little more complicated, depending on the complexity of your form, this example https://codepen.io/memco/pen/BajpD only uses html and css, so you could do that on webflow using hide/show with no custom code. https://codepen.io/truongsa/pen/zJpmxm this one uses html/css/js but it could take some time to translate it into your website. I hope these options help you decide what is best for you. Good Luck. Take care. Let me know how it goes.

Hi Norbert,

While both are quite similar, a survey isnโ€™t the type of information Iโ€™m looking to obtain.

Thanks for the link to Typeform. Iโ€™ll check it out to see if itโ€™s something they support.

Hey Pablo,

Thanks for the resources! This is exactly what Iโ€™m looking for. Iโ€™ll send you an update once Iโ€™ve learned how to use and implement onto my form.

2 Likes