Exporting code for backend developers

Hello

Im doing pretty good with web flow from design side.
Would it be fine for me as a designer to accept designing
(even forms) + html css as a project
My client has back-end developer… who will integrate code given by me .
will they be able to integrate the code easily without asking anything from me ? As I wont be able to reply on any code related queries .

Please help

Hey @Jordon great question, and thank you so much for reaching out! Great questions! :smiley:

Yes you can definitely build out your site design in Webflow. Then export your Webflow sites if you are on a Paid Personal Plan or above (there’s an example exported site file for you to reference available on this page as well): http://help.webflow.com/article/how-to-export-a-webflow-site

Then hand off the Zip file to your back-end developer. :smiley: Please note that you cannot import the site back into Webflow.

As far as forms go, our recommendation if the site will not be hosted on Webflow servers is to utilize a third party form service solution.

Please let me know if this helps or if you have any additional questions, I’m happy to help further :smiley:

Hello @Waldo Thanks for quick response but its quite generic

Please respond below

1. Is there any possibility that back-end developers may ask something related to code ( which is already up-to best standards) or they can simply integrate it

2. I have seen projects where they mention something like bootstrap etc , will web-flow exported code can be used by these developers as well .

3. I get projects where clients have pdf ( containing design + text ) this needs to be translated in HTML ( Only HTML ) . I Can very well translate this pdf in webflow and export code . How I ensure that its only HTML and no css or JS ( Ill limit interactions , transforms , hover anything else )

Hey @Jordon excellent questions!

Here are my responses to your additional questions:

1) Is there any possibility that back-end developers may ask something related to code ( which is already up-to best standards) or they can simply integrate it

There’s always a chance that a developer will have questions, but integration should be pretty straightforward. There are some references to Webflow in the code which should be easy to remove.

2) I have seen projects where they mention something like bootstrap etc , will web-flow exported code can be used by these developers as well.

Shouldn’t be a problem. We add “w-” to our default classes so it won’t conflict with other frameworks.

3) I get projects where clients have pdf ( containing design + text ) this needs to be translated in HTML ( Only HTML ) . I Can very well translate this pdf in webflow and export code . How I ensure that its only HTML and no css or JS ( Ill limit interactions , transforms , hover anything else )

The HTML and CSS are packaged separately in the export ZIP, so it’ll be easy to remove whatever you need to.

Please let me know if this helps or if you have any additional questions, I’m happy to help further :smiley:

This is freaking awesome Just Amazing @Waldo

Just one clarification please
For the first point you reply states " There are some references to Webflow in the code which should be easy to remove" This is with the pro account as well ? if yes, then how it is white label , if I’m removing Webflow references manually ?

1 Like

He means that there will be JavaScript and CSS, which you can remove manually if unneeded.

Whitelabel is another thing altogether.