Embedded Shopify in Webflow pricing plan

Hello Community,

Since some features are not available from Webflow side, I would like to use Shopify embedded button. My questions are:

1. Which pricing plan I need to choose on Shopify side to only get the embedded button?
  2. With this Shopify pricing plan, should I be able to access a abandoned cart features and a customer account feature?
  3. Do I still need to take e-commerce pricing plan in Webflow?
  4. What about managing order, track inventory and sync?

Thanks in advance for your help!

HI @Louise_mlb IMO you are asking wrong questions. Ask your self if and why you need WF e-commerce. Reason for this question is that other platforms as Shopify, BigCommerce, woo-commerce etc. are far more superior as their focus is on e-commerce only while WF is focused on easy design creation. What I mean is that WF is more focused on front-end while other platforms on back-end or on both equally.

Most of developer tell you that WF at this moment is not suitable for complex e-commerce. That said if your business is a small eg. artist selling bunch of items and don’t need complex tool go for WF otherwise you should use other platforms.

I believe that WF is hard working to make e-commerce competitive to big players on market. Reason for this that core of WF code was written with design first mood. It may take 2-3 years to make WF competitive but with speed that WF implementing a new features it can take even more to catch them.

m2c

Hi @Louise_mlb.
Josh with Foxy here. You might consider our seamless Webflow integration. Manage products with Webflow CMS (no need for a Webflow Ecommerce plan), embed a customer portal, integrate with 100+ gateway integrations, and more: https://foxy.io/webflow

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need help getting started: hello@foxy.io

Thanks,
Josh

Hi @Louise_mlb,

You’ll only need the Lite plan for the buy button and cart functionality. Of course you won’t have the store, but you will get access to most other features of backend. So yes, the Lite plan gives the buy button. Then you could use the Webflow CMS hosting plan. That total would be around $22 give or take with tax.

1 Like