Dropdown on hover doesn't work with touch enabled screen

Anyone else notice that drop downs don’t open on hover. They open in IE and EDGE but not chrome.

I think this is the same issue as @steelesong : Dropdown on hover not working anymore - #7 by steelesong - General - Forum | Webflow

@thewonglv Could this be related to the fact that my laptop also has a touch screen? Fixed BG images are not working on touch enabled desktop/laptops - #15 by KProServices - Bugs - Forum | Webflow - My fixed background images don’t appear as fixed because of this.

Hi @KProServices, hard to say for sure, but it definitely looks like it.

@danro can you confirm if this issue is related? Looks like some of our components are having difficulty working on laptops/desktops with touch enabled screens.

I am experiencing this same problem. I am using a Surface Book and Chrome will not open dropdowns on hover. If I use a non-touch enabled computer, this works fine in Chrome.

This appears to be only with Chrome, IE, Edge and Firefox work fine.

-TS

I appear to be having the same issue with Chrome on touchscreens. Has anyone been able to resolve this?

Yup, same issue here, Surface + Chrome + DropDown on hover doesn’t work. It’s fine with Firefox, Edge and IE.

BTW same with fixed backgrounds because of the rule below that gets added on touch devices.

html.w-mod-touch * {
    background-attachment: scroll !important;
}

Is there anyway we can prevent this happening for both the DropDown and the fixed background images on Chrome when device is touch enabled?

Thanks,
P.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.