Does anybody else experiencing ads.txt file issues?

I’ve been using the 301 redirect method to redirect my ads.txt file to - https://uploads-ssl.webflow.com/XXX/ads.txt for almost a year, and a few days ago I’ve seen a new alert on Google Adsense -
“Earnings at risk - You need to fix some ads.txt file issues to avoid severe impact to your revenue.”

I have multiple websites hosted with webflow and the alert started in one website and it seems like it’s spreading to more websites. Anybody else experiencing the same issue?

1 Like

I have the same problem. Next week the error appeared and stay there. Webflow allows us to upload ads.txt files.

Were you able to find a solution to this issue?

Do they allow redirects?
You can 301 (.*)/ads.txt -> domain.com/path/ads.txt with a custom CDN/FTP.

I was able to resolve this issue by buying shared hosting account with a 3rd party hosting provider. I created a subdomain for every root domain and connected it to the 3rd party hosting provider, uploaded the ads.txt file and 301 redirected it with Webflow.

I guess Adsense now requires the ads.txt to be hosted on the root domain or on a subdomain of the root domain. It’s a shame that Webflow doesn’t offer this simple feature.