Displaying data generated in Make (integromat) back to a Webflow site

Hi Folks,

I am trying to build a website to help people find the best places to live and work remotely using a ChatGPT module in Make.

Questions:

1. Can I post data generated in Make (formerly Integromat) back to a Webflow site without using the CMS, via HTTP and POST?
  2. What is the best way to approach this from an architectural perspective?

Current Workflow:

1. A form is submitted on the Webflow site.
  2. The data from the questionnaire is sent to Make.
  3. The data is translated into a prompt using a module in Make.
  4. The prompt is processed by a ChatGPT module and saved as a text variable.
  5. I want to send the processed data back from Make via an HTTP module and display it in the success message using some JS code in the header.

You can find the link to the website with the questionnaire below. Currently, it ends with a success message where the data is not being displayed. I can see the automation flow working in Make and generating the results, but I can’t get it to display on the site.

I am not a software engineer, and ChatGPT could not help me. I would really appreciate any help or tips on the best way to approach this from an architectural perspective.

Thank you!

Here is my site Read-Only

It’s a bit of work, but you should be able to sort it out with ChatGPT with some understanding of what you’re building.

In Webflow you need;

• Custom JS to intercept the form submit event
  • Convert the form data to JSON
  • Submit it to Make via a Webhook ( not the typical Webflow form triggers Make has )
  • When you get the response back, check it for success and then do something with the content you receive.

In Make you need

• To use a Webhook as the trigger
  • To return your data ( success, fail, whatever ) using a Webhook response.

Most of this work is client-side, in JS. It looks like you mostly have the Make scenario built.

Note, this will probably be slow. Give some thought to your UX, and some form of animated loading indicator or skeleton-loader to indicate that something is happening.

I generally wouldn’t use the form’s Success message for this, but you can if you also make it visible in your script.

Hi Michael - thanks for the swift reply.

Attached a screenshot of the automation in Webflow. I have used the standard Webflow module to receive form submissions. You can see that data is being correctly processed by Chat GPT.

If I understand your response - you are suggestion to use a custom Webflow to process the response - instead of the standard Webflow module (step1) in the automation.

Do you have a suggestion on where to display the result - instead of the success message