Designer not showing "default" values on custom Webflow elements

Dear Webflow,

I’m not sure if this is a bug, or if it’s done with intention, so this thread might be misplaced. When customizing the Webflow components (sliders, tabs, etc), I will still have access to the styling panel and all the changes that allows for. The issue is:

While some components will display which setting Webflow has added (like tab buttons having a default padding of a certain amount), this is not the case for many parts of your components. For example, the “Dropdown List” inside your “Dropdown” component clearly has a hidden min-width value. Setting this value to 0, will fix this problem. I wish it said inside the “min-width” field which value Webflow has automatically given this component part. This would make customization so much easier. Now I have to try out all kinds of settings to see what you have done when creating it.

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

1 Like

Hi @bonsaikitten

Thanks so much for posting about this.

I did some testing on my end and saw the same behavior. It looks like the “Dropdown List” has min-width: 100% in the inspector but the Style Panel UI does not reflect this.

I’ve reported this to the team and we will look into a fix for the issue.

Hi, that’s great news! The “Dropdown List” was just an example, as this occur many places. That’s why I thought it might be intentional for some reason, and not a bug.

1 Like

Also have a look at this post:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.