Depth Parallax Help

Hi there!
So, recently I saw this website…
Contact | Femme Fatale Studio
…and I loved how the text simply smoothly scrolls and goes by the images, showing a form of depth. Do you guys have any idea on how one can go about doing this? I have heard that it has something to do with parallax. If so, could someone direct me to a (preferably video) tutorial, or at least some code.

Hope I was clear enough, thanks!

1 Like

Any help at all? I need a solution quick.
Thanks!

check this out @Desiign! Some awesome parallax effects here

:slight_smile:

Thanks! That does help but I can’t seem to figure out whether I can use it to get that effect in the website I linked. I like how one element scrolls faster than the other. Any ideas?

Oh and I did find the idea of the CSS Parallax very interesting, the one that Vin had made. However I would like to make it mobile compatible, so it doesn’t help too much. What I want to achieve is very similar to what Vin had made with CSS.

Alright so I found some lines of code but am not sure whether I can implement them:

$(window).scroll(function () {

$(‘.twit-bird’).css({
‘top’ : -($(this).scrollTop()/3)+“px”
});

});

Does anyone know whether I can implement this, and if so how would I go about making it work. If not, does anyone have any ideas on how I can make some elements scroll slower than others? I need help very soon!

you can add custom code to your webflow site. Here is how: Custom code in head and body tags | Webflow University

hope this helps :slight_smile:

Yes, I am indeed aware of that. But how will I get it to work?
I need a parallax effect similar to the website I’ve linked on top, in which some elements scroll slower than others. Do you have any idea how I can achieve this?

I have followed your tutorial on parallax, and it works spectacularly, but the problem is it’s not exactly what I want; the elements simply follow your mouse around and show some “depth”. As for my case, I want the elements to show depth whilst scrolling.

Ok, I found this pure CSS Parallax and it seems to achieve what I need, so I tried to implement it through styling some divs through the custom code, with no luck… Any help?

Here’s a link to the blog:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.