Dear Webflow Community,
I’m setting up a new site and I came across either a bug or a strange behaviour that I can’t quite understand…
I started by using one of the starter templates that Webflow offers, and I began setting up the default styles.
In order to do that, I went to the Styleguide page and styled the typography for “Body (All pages)”:
I then went ahead and styled the typography for the headings (For instance the “All H1 headings”), relatively to the typography that I defined for “Body (All pages)”:
My problem here is that it somehow doesn’t take the styling that I set; for instance the font weight is set as “400 - Normal”, but it displays as “800 - Extra Bold”. Also the font size and height doesn’t really follow my instructions…
Now, dear community, does any of you know what I’m missing here?
Thank you so much in advance for helping me out!
Here is my site Read-Only Link
Looks like everything works as intended in your read only. Can you be more specific in relation to what currently is on your style page?
thank you for looking into it. I made 2 screen recordings that I think can explain part of the issues I’m having.
- Font weight is ignored
As you can see, the font weight is set initially as “400 - Normal”, but as soon as I click on the drop-down the actual weight gets changed and actually gets set to “400 - Normal”
- Font size is ignored
This is even more obvious. You can see that Heading 1 is set to 16 px, and it’s clearly not. When I click on the field to set the size, and just change it to 17px, you can see that the font size gets drastically reduced, to actually match the 17px I set.
Thank you and best wishes
Ah I see. The default titles styles are not showing from the start. Yeah, looks like a bug. Though it should honor your styling if you add it.
In your initial post you have said that “the font size and height doesn’t really follow my instructions…” but it does if you set it.
It is pretty strange what is going on on your H1 heading, I don’t get why it says its size is 16px when clearly it is not. It seems that it is inheriting that value from Body (All Pages) and not from the more specific H1 heading. So I dont know if this is what you were looking for, but I reset the values from the Body (all pages) selector and added one for your H1 heading and that made it more consistent and true to size on all your H1 headings. Here is a video of what I did https://www.loom.com/share/f518e4947dce45039986786e3f8730f4 Please let me know if that helps you at all.
The first part is not necessary. Just adding specific value to the headings will make sure it shows correctly.
Hello @dram, I tried to just add a specific value to the heading since the most specific selector will override the all pages selector, but it didn’t change anything. It was only when I reseted the value for the body all pages that I was able to select a value for the H1 headings that was consistent with the size.
Interesting. here is how it goes for me.
Hi Pablo, hi Dram,
thank you for looking into it.
I see the same behaviour as dram, I also don’t need to set the font size for “Body (All Pages)” to 0 for me to be able to type in some value for all the H1 headings and have it work. I still would like to understand why when the 16px font size is directly inherited from “Body (All Pages)”, it’s not displayed correctly, same as the weight.
Ready for another really frustrating thing? I always set the height using the unitless unit (-), but it just doesn’t work. No matter if I use em or pixel units for the size, the height is stuck and I can’t have it behave as I want, unless I also type in the value I want…
I understand that this may not be a real problem, since it’s fixed by just typing again the values that I want, but it’s still driving me insane…
I don’t get why it says its size is 16px when clearly it is not. It seems that it is inheriting that value from Body (All Pages) and not from the more specific H1 heading. So I dont know if this is what you were looking for, but I reset the values from the Body (all pages) selector and added one for your H1 heading and that made it more consistent and true to size on all your H1 headings. FedLoan Servicing Account
yep, that’s what I did as well and it works
After much consideration and the feedback of all of you people pitching in, I’m fairly confident that the original behaviour is a bug, so I’ll go ahead and report it as such
Thank you for your contribution!
This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.