Copy interaction to other pages

Try to cut and paste.

Try to make a symbol out of it, delete, frag symbol on new page.

Carefully check if the Animations inside your Interactions aren’t getting duplicated (with addition 1, 2 ,3 in their names). That happens when you duplicate, but still, IX don’t work after the duplication. So try the 2 things above. i’m not sure if the first produce any good result, haven’t tested it.

1 Like

Hi Vincent. What do you mean by “frag symbol on new page”?

Pretty sure he meant drag. :grinning:

2 Likes

I’ve just run into the same problem - I created a Footer (symbol) with a row of Social Icons, and then animated each of the Icons to ‘jiggle’ on mouseover. However, when I added the Footer symbol to a second page, the interactions weren’t copied over properly. Any thoughts?

2 Likes

I’m running into the same problem. I made a page scroll animation on an element on one page. Then made a symbol of it and when I added to other pages, there are no interactions on it. To recreate the animation on each page will take a lot of time. Is there any workaround?

Check out Sergie’s reply to my issue. Try setting the target to “class”.

3 Likes

Thanks for your reply. I have set everything to class but still no luck.

Shoot. Yep, confirmed. I just did a little test and I can’t get page interaction to copy. Guessing page trigger isn’t supported.

2 Likes

Thanks for checking it out. I will complete the rest of the site in meantime and hope there is a fix soon. Worst case scenario is I will recreate it again for each page.

As far as I can tell the only way to copy a page interaction is to duplicate the page.

Shoot. Yep, confirmed. I just did a little test and I can’t get page interaction to copy. Guessing page trigger isn’t supported.

We pushed a fix for this. Can you try now?

Note: it will still be broken for previously-duplicated pages. For those pages you’ll need to add the page trigger and choose the animation manually.

1 Like

Thanks. It’s still not working for me. Interactions are lost when pasted into another page.

How do you have your interactions set up @Niall_Mc_Dermott?

1 Like

Any luck with this @Niall_Mc_Dermott? I’m attempting to carry over a custom nav bar interaction from one page to another on my site. I’ve tried making a symbol of the new nav bar and placing it on another page however the interactions doesn’t carry over. @thesergie Have we discovered a fix for this?

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/thedeanslistinc?preview=e16db3fbc85df1b1005fcb0f34b3d45c

(upload://taog3MULAbpMu4fKAKrUBVVoUjj.jpg)

Hi Kendrick_Dean,

No, I couldn’t get it working. I had to recreate it on each page.

Cheers,

Niall

1 Like

are you still having this issue? I was able to make a symbol and put it on another page:
CloudApp

can i get your read-only link so i can look into your project as well?

Anything solved here? Still unable to copy elements with PAGE interaction, very frustrating

2 Likes

Same here, any updates @webflow team? Thanks!