Copy and Paste sliders

Hello!

This is my first time making a site on Webflow, and I am loving it so far!

I am trying to create a slider on my home page. Rather than creating a new slide from scratch, I just want to copy and paste a slide so that the hero image and hero text remain the same size and shape.

When the new slide is created, I am able to change the image and the text, but then it changes the image and text on the original slide that I copied it from.

Please advise!

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hello @bnorris,

Your read only link isn’t working. Can you post it again?

Hi Austin!

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Here’s the new link:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/palmbeachsymphony?utm_source=palmbeachsymphony&preview=d1919feea7d740627a92b568c466a5cc

extremely friendly bump

if you are using background images the photo will change for all objects sharing this class. I see that you figured this out already since your first slide image has different class than your second?

The text is not changing and works as it should, not sure what the problem is on your side.

Wow – your comment was extremely helpful.

Should I be dropping a separate image into the div block inside the slider? Or should I change the name of the div block’s class so that I can continue to use background images?

Thank you so much.

If you want to know how background images are bad for you, you can check this thread. If this doesn’t bother you much you can continue using background images, setting different multi-classes for each slide image.

Thank you so much. I know it seems like such an obvious fix, but I honestly could not figure it out before.