Convert PNG images to webp

Hello, I’m having trouble converting my PNG images to WebP format. Despite using the Webflow Compress tool to compress all my images, they remain in PNG and don’t change to WebP. Can you recommend an application or another method to convert my PNG images to WebP?

@Noman_nextscrum,

I use tinyPNG to transfer my image in next gen format. It works fast, it’s free (if you are not too greedy), and it does the job.

9 sec seems a lot, though. Do you have an explanation why your images take that long?

Good luck.

@Sofian_Bettayeb

Thank you for your response.

I don’t think this is the Webflow app I need. It’s not the one where I manually convert images to WebP format one by one. Could you please recommend a more efficient method that automatically handles the conversion for me?

Hey @Noman_nextscrum

Webflow’s WEBP converter does not convert CMS-stored assets, and likely not richtext assets either- only the assets you see in the assets panel.

If you’re looking for a pro solution, I setup reverse proxies that automatically optimize all of your site images and edge-cache them for maximum performance.

Otherwise your only option is to manually replace each of the images in your CMS items and richtexts. Tinypng is a good tool. For batch conversion I like xnconvert- but you first must have them locally downloaded, and then you manually have to replace the items.

Then, I will probably go for what @memetican recommends:

If you’re looking for a pro solution, I setup reverse proxies that automatically optimize all of your site images and edge-cache them for maximum performance.

And I used before this resource to reduce the size of image in my blog posts:

One down side is you need the Cloudflare paid version.