Connecting cms collections

Hello,

I’ve been trying to make a connection in one of my Webflow CMS padges (the home page) to an other CMS collection page (a portfolio page) whit a text link. But when I click on the text link in my home page and want to set the link to the portfolio page, the page does not show up. I only get the option none or current home page. I already have been fighting whit the CMS item settings and tried to ad a reference option but I think this is not the way. please, how can I make a link from one CMS page to an other.

a visual of what I mean

Here is my public share link:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/go2itech-2?utm_source=go2itech-2&preview=e8eaad00173593ac061604b21858f99d

Hi @innes

Thanks for reaching out and great question.

To link to any CMS page from another CMS Collection page, you’ll need to have a reference field. And I see that you’ve already added the reference field now and linked your page to the portfolio page:

CloudApp

Are you still having issues with this setup?

Please, let me know and i’ll be glad to help.

Hello Anna,

Thanks for your reaction! I do actually, when I go into live view and click the link nothing happens. It does not go to de portfolio page so I tried to publish the CMS page but it publishes the static home page of course and I can not change the homepage to the dynamic page. Don’t know if that is even an option?

Greatings,

Innes

Hi again @innes

First, the link doesn’t work because you haven’t connected it to a portfolio in the reference field in the CMS item here:
CloudApp

Second, no it’s not possible to set a dynamic page as your homepage.

Hope this is helpful. If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us, and we’ll be happy to help!