Collection Items keep showing as Staged Changes

Hi Webflow people,

This site has a Collection which I am adding content to and I am regularly getting a Staged Changes message. What does it mean and why am I getting it please? Since the Staged Changes state has appeared the collection items have become quite flaky; some times I can’t add new content or edit existing content in the collection showing this message.

You can see one of the pages being generated by the collection here http://48-shortland-3e3dd92d66d2401a386f2a23a1.webflow.io/barristers/greg-jones

Please help or advise as this is really slowing things down and I need things done urgently.

Cheers
Grant

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/48-shortland-3e3dd92d66d2401a386f2a23a1?utm_source=48-shortland-3e3dd92d66d2401a386f2a23a1&preview=59a7122828f714047bd496e15391f532
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hi @grantsenior

Thanks so much for posting and great questions.

The staged changes is a status for a collection item that has been created or edited, and will go live as soon as you press publish. Once you do publish, the status will update from Staged changesPublished, unless you have that item set as a Draft.

You can read more on the collection item statuses here: CMS Collections | Webflow University

If you are not seeing the expected behavior here, please let me know and I’m happy to investigate.

Hope this helps!

Hi Brando,

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Something I have noticed in editing Collections content though, and it’s a bit frustrating. This example’s content is being generated by a Collection http://48-shortland-3e3dd92d66d2401a386f2a23a1.webflow.io/barristers/bret-gustafson Regarding the Experience section on this example, there are 3 columns across the page, each column has a field in the collection (Designer has asked for this specifically). If I copy all of the content into the first column then cut/paste content from column 1’s collection field into column 2’s collection field and save, although column 2 now has the cut/pasted content in it, the content which should no longer be in column 1 is still there. So I have to go back and delete what should have been cut from column 1. Is there something I am doing wrong.

Cheers
Grant

That definitely sounds odd @grantsenior

I did some testing and when I cut and paste on the Designer canvas, the content is removed. I may have misunderstood the steps you took, though.

To better help me understand this issue you are seeing, can you please share a screen recording of what you see (CloudApp or Quicktime work well)?

​Thanks in advance!

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for looking at this. Here’s a more precise breakdown, if this isn’t clear enough, let me know and I’ll do the screen recording for you.

There are 3 fields I am dealing with Col-1, Col-2, Col-3. They are Rich Text element collection items.

These are the steps.

1. Paste 6 paragraphs of content into Col-1
  2. Cut 4 paragraphs (3,4,5, + 6) from Col-1 and paste into Col-2 (Col-1 now shows only the remaining 2 paragraphs, 1 and 2)
  3. Cut paragraphs 5 and 6 from Col-2 and paste into Col-3. (Col-2 now shows only the remaining 2 paragraphs, 3 and 4)
  4. All looks good
  5. Save changes
  6. Shows as ‘staged changes’ in collections list
  7. Publish site changes and check published site.
  8. The published changes show that Col-1 still has all 6 paragraphs, Col-2 has 3,4,5, + 6 paragraphs and Col-3 has 5 + 6 (Strange?)
  9. Return to collection and delete the paragraph content that should have been cut out.
    So this kind of looks like cut/paste isn’t working as expected in this situation and requires deleting to ensure that cut content stays cut.

Grant

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.