CMS Portfolio Collection to eCommerce Product Collection

Is it possible to take a pre-existing CMS Collection that was used for items in a photographic portfolio and convert that into an eCommerce product collection, if I want to add commerce later to an existing site?

In other words, I want to create portfolios of prints without eCommerce, but may later want to use them to create an online store.

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

1 Like

Hi David, Welcome to the Forum, be careful with creating designs which you want to duplicate or copy, because in the case of making a CMS page, if you haven’t made static page before hand, you can’t copy the design out of the CMS page … :vulcan_salute:

1. Make a static site with a design, then copy out of it

Also same logic for making global sections, once you made a section global, no way back, better to create a static copy beforehand :+1:

Your links aren’t working mate :blush: Create a good CMS Collection and afterwards you can still use reference/multireference to accomplish your goals with products in ecommerce, cheers David, have a lovely week :wave:

Thanks for the reply. I’m new here and didn’t know about creating a read only link. I will do so, but there’s not much to see right now anyway. I’m even going to have to research how the static and CMS pages work together. I’m not committed to WebFlow, but it’s an intriguing approach, though a bit more involved than it appears at first glance.

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/photo-gallery-site?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=photo-gallery-site&preview=cf61c1d9b1a3f65049efdc416d8dc078&workflow=preview

David

Hi @dkaimone.
Josh with Foxy here. With our seamless Webflow integration, you can convert any CMS collection to an online store: https://foxy.io/webflow

In addition to remaining on a Webflow CMS plan, you can:

• Sell any type of product (one-off, digital, physical, donations, subscriptions, etc.)
  • Embed a customer portal
  • Integrate with 100+ gateways
  • Sell and accept gift cards for payment
  • and more.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need help getting started: hello@foxy.io

Thanks,
Josh