CMS Linking Within Span Elements

It would be nice to be able to have span elements to also have CMS linking capability

3 Likes

I agree, that would be great. Couldn’t find a way to do that. For example, I’d like to have a header that says: “Topic: [TopicName from dynamic list]”, and creating a span seems to me like the easiest option.

2 Likes

You can use a text block, and set it to display inline.

1 Like

I do that already when I have to, but I would really like to not to have to create a class just to insert text dynamically. This is not also not a great fix for adding text within a paragraph element (I use this for adwords) - it’s a nightmare.

2 Likes

Hi @Randy, I am not entirely sure what you are trying to do, but if you want to create a span within a paragraph that uses a field from the CMS, one method is to create a span using html code, then use the dynamic embed to insert the span code, with the field you want to use from the CMS set as the span text.

Does this help?

If you have the read-only link to the site, page and a screenshot of what element you are working with, it will be easier to suggest some solutions :slight_smile: Share a read-only link | Webflow University

Yeah, I’m really struggling with this too.

I have a couple of sections that’ll repeat for all our CMS product pages and all I want to change is one word within the heading.

I’ve tried for hours and not able to make it work… :-/

I think a really basic workaround is to just rewrite this heading as a new field in the CMS for each page, but I can see that being cumbersome down the track — especially given that we have over 22 individual products.