CMS Lightbox - How to link Lightboxes

Hello Webflowers,

I want to ask you if there is an option to link lightboxes within CMS Collection Item.

Check my read-only link. I have a collection of products. Every product has a gallery (multi-image field). Those images are displayed by nested collection as Lightboxes.

Everything is fine; I just do not know how to link all Lightboxes within the same collection. If I set a group name, it applies that group to every collection item. The result is the connection of lightboxes of all collection items. I only need to link the lightboxes within the same collection item.

Does anyone know how to solve this? I’d greatly appreciate your help.

Here is my site Read-Only: Webflow - uw_eyonawa

4 Likes

any ideas? :frowning:

Hi, I am having the same problem. Any solution yet, please?

I am having the same issue, did any of you figure it out?

I have exactly the same issue and cannot find a work around… Will post if I find one but in the meantime it would be great if the Webflow team could jump in perhaps…

Yup, same problem. I actually posted about it in October but no replies. :frowning:

Same issue. Would love to know if there is a solution out there.

Hoping this post gets more attention. It looks like this is not yet enabled in webflow though: The

“For lightboxes in Collection lists, creating and linking one lightbox in a Collection item will automatically link all lightboxes in the Collection list.”
Lightbox - Webflow University Documentation.

Anyone know for sure if there’s a workaround for this, or if it’s in the works? Hope they add cms fields to the links field, sounds like that would solve it.

same issue
do you have a solution to this? @PixelGeek @samliew @webdev

I also have this issue. Please help.

Hi friends,

This was my scenario: I could not figure out how to link individual images that had different categories from the same collection in a lightbox. My goal was to add the images from the collection under 3 separate sections on the same page based on the category. Then, when you clicked on image, only the images from that category would come up in the lightbox. (similar to the above question, but still slightly different).

***This was how I solved it: Setting a filter on the list level NOT the item level.
EX: X Category List equals X Category
Then on the item level, I added the category name (in slug format) / checked off “link with other lightboxes”

Very annoying issue, haven’t found a workaround yet. I wish the Webflow team could fix this :frowning:

Also have this problem. Almost 4-years later and still no solution?

Adding SA5’s nocode solution here as well.