CMS item redirect to external link

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew how to use a CMS item to redirect to an external link? I have columns set up that references to collection images, and I’d like those images in the column to redirect to an external link upon clicking. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

You simply need a url field for each post item the link. Then create a link block that is bound to that url field in the link block settings. Cheers

1 Like

The link block can be overlayed on the collection item image?

1 Like

You can wrap the image with a link block and connect the link block to the url field.

Piter :webflow_heart:

1 Like

Thanks Piter, big help! How can I made the item heading the same dimensions as the link block?

You are talking about this heading?

You want the heading to be full width?

2 Likes

Yeah, exactly. I’d like that heading to be the same width and height as the image, so on hover anywhere over the image, the heading appears as well.

You can do it differently and I think is a better way to achieve what you want. Let me record a video and I will share it here.

@cjgetty You can have multiple actions in one interaction. Here’s the screen record where you can see my approach > https://www.useloom.com/share/88940b6bbff64576816f3bcf5fcd068e

Definitely check the Webflow course about interactions > Intro to Interactions | Webflow University A lot of useful information and you will understand how many things you can do.

2 Likes

Thanks so much Piter!

1 Like

WOW! This just blew my mind, man. I had no idea about the extensive functionality of interactions. Definitely going to play around with them more.

Thanks so much again, Piter!

2 Likes

Webflow is mind blowing :grin:

Have fun bro :raised_hands:

2 Likes