CMS Deleting - Can't figure this out

Hi Everyone,

I can’t for the life of me figure out what’s going with deleting my CMS. I know there’s many posts on here but for some reason I’m not following everything seems to be per case. Here’s my preview link if that helps, thank you so much in advance!

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/wallys-five-star-project-7afb6de2be07bd?preview=6383798a187d129fc5547e66ca230b7a

Try @vincent pro tips here: Cannot Delete Field | CMS

In particular clicking on ‘body’ in the navigator and then holding down the alt key is a great tip for seeing the purple items that you need to delete if you want a clean sweep.

In your ‘pages panel’ the two template pages clearly have collection lists, so those will need to go as well…

Hope that helps

Thank you for your reply. And I definitely think it’s those two pages holding up all deletes. I just can’t seem to delete them like any normal page? I get no delete option

Hi @wmostafa12

Those two are template pages which are auto generated by having a collection in the CMS. So they will delete when you delete your collections…

However before you can delete your collections, you need to unbind/delete any collection lists/items that are linked to them around your site. Use the alt/arrow tip to find them in your site navigation and once that’s done you will be able to delete…

Hope that helps

I’ll definitely dig deeper, thank you so much for your help so far.

Just went through the whole site using your alt/arrow tip to siff through every page, no sign of purple CMS collections at all. You think this is a case for webflow support?

Not yet :slightly_smiling_face: there are still some in the two purple categories and projects ‘template’ pages:

Hopefully you should be free once those go!

lists%20in%20these%202%20pages

Free indeed! Thank you so much for your patience and help. Totally makes sense to me now, what I guess you’ve been trying to tell me haha. Apologies there. Thank you.

1 Like

No problem at all, it takes a while to get your head around how the CMS and collections/lists work anyway - but once it clicks, you have superpowers!