Change Geolocation on hosting

Hi! My website has no need to be hosted in the US as the users are in EU. Is it possible to change hosting servers somehow with webflow?

No + No need :slight_smile:

Webflow using Content distribution network (CDN) Powered by Amazon Web Services & Fastly.

A CDN distributes your files throughout data centers worldwide, then delivers them to visitors via the data center that’s closest to them. What to look for in a web hosting service | Webflow Blog

Its the best hosting technology out there ==> So it does not really matter :slight_smile: (Europe VS USA).

The idea

The idea is different from the “old” hosting approach (One server located in London for example). To fully understand the idea behind read AWS docs.

“Light” explanation:

Evaluating a hosting service’s speed means measuring how quickly your content loads in your site visitors’ browsers, no matter where they are. If your site’s files are hosted on just one server, in one place, then visitors will see slower and slower page loads the further they are from your server.

The solution is to store and distribute your assets in a content distribution network (CDN). A CDN distributes your files throughout data centers worldwide, then delivers them to visitors via the data center that’s closest to them. This means snappy page loads for all your visitors, worldwide.
What to look for in a web hosting service | Webflow Blog

wikipedia

What is a CDN?

https://www.cloudflare.com/learning/cdn/what-is-a-cdn/

Since July 16th 2020 european websites CANNOT be hosted on USA servers. The option to choose geolocation is now a necessity or we can’t use Webflow anymore…

2 Likes

As long as there is no server location in Germany or EU, many German businesses can’t use it and comply with GDPR. There’s no way I can use webflow for my German clients. Doctors and pharmacies can’t use Webflow.