Can't find viewport visibility panel :(

Hey guys,

I can’t find a panel where I control viewport visibility for elements after webflow updates.
Can anyone help me please?

It used to be here before:

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Like

Hello @Vitaliia

The device visibility is gone now. You can use the display none property for elements.

Hope this helps :webflow_heart:

Hey! Thanks for the fast answer!

I am not sure I know what is display none property for elements.
Can I ask you for the screenshot where I can access it or maybe there is a webflow video I missed? <3

1 Like

Hello Vitaliia, I hope you’re having a great day.

Now, instead of using the settings panel, you’ll have to set the visibility of elements individually across each breakpoint ( Desktop View / Tablet View / Phone Landscape / Phone portrait). To set the display to none, all you have to do is select the element you want to hide/show, go to the style panel and click on Layout > Display > NONE (It’s the same place you chose if you want an element to behave as a block, as a flexbox or a grid)

I hope you find this helpful!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the detailed answer, it helped me a lot!

1 Like

I’m really glad it did. Feel free to message me any time you need

Why is the visibility property taken out. Display none is very different compared to the visibility propert. display none removes the element entirly from the page, while invisible still reserves the space for the element it is just not vivible for the vieuwer. When you use remove for example an icon placed within a cart element and you have four carts and you want them to be the samse size then removing the icon on 1 of the carts will make it a smaller height. Or you have to work around it by giving it a vixed hight or stretch it to match the other carts.

So why have you removed it. for me it is not so hard work around it because i actually know enough css to do so, but for people that do not have this knowledge it is alot harder.