Can We Use Yoast on Webflow?

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if it’s possible to use Yoast for SEO as plugin like on Wordpress but on Webflow ?

Thank you !

Hey @Dan_Taumihau,

There isn’t any support for plugins (yet). However, you don’t really need SEO yoast as webflow has great SEO and natively supports your requirements.

Curious, is there something specifically you’re wanting to achieve that SEO yoast usually handles?

Thanks

3 Likes

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, we want to implement an aggregating snippet as structured data (the stars in the organic results), and I can’t find anywhere how to do so on Webflow.

FYI, we are a software and have reviews off-site like on capterra.com, on getapp.com, etc.
So I have no clue how to make this happen.

Any idea ?

Many thanks.

Ah okay!

From my understanding these star ratings are actually pulled from “schema markup”.

I’m not an SEO professional, so can’t say for absolute certain, but I’m guessing these plugins sort of manage that scheme markup automatically?

do you know if -
a) capterra or getapp provide script alternatives to plugins that could be added into the sites custom code?
b) could implement this schema markup yourself? I know its a bit more complicated than a plugin, but should be the most effective way to manage this yourself?

Hey Thomas,

Sorry for my late reply,

Yoast makes it easier to implement such rich snippets.

I just contacted our “third party aggregate sites” to see if they can provide us a custom script.

Also, I’m not sure we can implement the schema markup directly since we do not host any reviews on our site… And I believe Google can’t allow a site to say “we have 5/5 stars” without proofs

What are your thoughts ?

Have a good one !

I’ll be watching this for new replies as rich-snippets are extremely valuable for my business as well, through Google search for our article with lists. Makes me think about discussing other SEO based improvements inside the blog editor. That said, the SEO in Webflow is already super.

2 Likes

For me what yoast brings up, that no other tool ever did is, that it helps building perfect blog posts with giving very specific hints on building sentences, building links, tagging pictures, repeating focus keywords on the right positions and reaching the perfect length of text. I mean, use it please if you need to ask. It’s amazing an webflow needs it so much.

3 Likes

If you Google around, there are SEO tools that do the same thing that Yoast does internally to posts to any published page (like one from Webflow).

Please :pray: add support for this plugin!!! It is just so good.

I am so gutted :cry: that after migration from Wordpress (on custom hosting - self built infrastructure, which was a pain) to Webflow I lost access to this plug-in.

Quite a few users may decide against migration just because Yoast is not supported.

It also doesn’t help users that Google says that you can have Yoast on Webflow, but does not make it super clear that this only possible via third party. Something called Zapier is saying you can have Yoast with Webflow, but they are third party so makes things a bit more complex and possibly more expensive.

Here is the link to the article: Connect your Yoast SEO to Webflow integration in 2 minutes | Zapier

Will try it out and see if I can have free integration. Can’t pay coz this hosting rapidly getting more expensive.

2 Likes