Can I upload custom fields via CSV for Products?

I have a properly formatted product CSV. I also added the custom fields, with the field name as the column header. When I upload the CSV, Webflow’s default product fields will upload but the custom fields remain blank.

Is there are a method to do this correctly?

Hi @dforeman- Glad you’re finding use for the CSV import.

Currently you can’t upload custom fields via the Product CSV Import, that’s why its failing now. We would like to build this soon, though.

You can help us prioritize what to release next by adding and voting for this idea (and others!) in our Wishlist. It’s one of the best ways to move ideas forward!

I’m still having this problem. Even if I export my database and immediately try and re-import, I receive a “Header Row Error”. This is a crucial feature for the buildout of E-Commerce within Webflow. Is there any progress being made? Thanks :slight_smile:

Hello there, what the status of this specific features?

After 1,5 years still no solution from Webflow…

2 Likes

Not having this feature has effectively added 4 days of authoring time to a project. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make this happen webflow.

This is a disaster!
Why aren’t they warned about this?
Now I have a week of manual data entry :(((((((

1 Like

Yes, You can upload custom fields via CSV for products. I have done same tasks in my past application. You can do custom code.

Mod Edit: link removed. Currently, mapping to custom fields is not supported.

Unfortunately, uploading custom fields via the Product CSV Import is not possible. Webflow does not allow full custom Import. Custom fields addition in product catalog settings doesn’t work in Webflow. I hope soon they will enable this feature.

1 Like

Ouch! This could derail my project.

1 Like

Please note… this DID derail my project. We had to go with Shopify instead. It’s the reason I only recommend Webflow ecommerce for small stores.

Hi all.
Josh with Foxy here. You might consider our seamless Webflow integration: https://foxy.io/webflow

• Manage products with Webflow CMS
  • Import/export data without limitations
  • Sell any type of product (shippable, digital, subscriptions, donations, bundles, services, custom, etc.)
  • Embed a customer portal
  • Connect to 100+ gateway/payment integrations
  • Multi-lingual
  • Muli-currency
  • Sell and accept gift cards
  • and more.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need help getting started: hello@foxy.io

Thanks,
Josh

Hey all,

We faced the same issue, so we created an app to bulk import and export custom fields.

It gives you the ability to:

• Bulk export and import Webflow Ecom products including custom fields
  • Bulk edit existing products

Check it out at https://www.astroic.com/

Let us know if you have any questions: contact@astroic.com

Probably not through CSV but with the update-product API call, you can. In the following request, rice is a custom field I created to test it out.

curl --request PATCH \
     --url https://api.webflow.com/sites/{site-id}/products/63cc3d1212679a3c3aee258d \
     --header 'accept: application/json' \
     --header 'authorization: Bearer 78463576y98346598769-you-wish' \
     --header 'content-type: application/json' \
     --data '
{
     "fields": {
          "slug": "yellow-rose",
          "name": "The Yellow Rose",
          "_archived": false,
          "_draft": false,
          "rice": "Ben"
     }
}
'

WOW, 5 years later and this is still not working?!?!?!

It works for standard CMS but for ecommerce it’s impossible to solve it after 5 years?
And you claim you have an CMS import for products?!
Unprofessional is an understatement. This is ridiculous.

3 Likes

It seems crazy that Custom Field import/export is not available. Really annoying and surely bad for Webflow business?

Is there a way to get attention to this? It’s an essential tool for ecomm

This would be an incredibly helpful functionality. We can not currently use Webflow because it lacks this.

serious lacking with the e-commerce cms import/export capabilities