Body extending too far

tlk.webflow.io

I set the body height to “auto” so it’s the same as the containers but in the published version above it extends even further and I can not explain why it does.
Below is my read-only link.

I appreciate any kind of help, thank you and have a great evening.

• Timo

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/tlk?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=tlk&preview=14337588a9234cc1466390484f2ca0f3&mode=preview
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Additionally, it’s not overflow=hidden. When I do that, I can’t scroll anymore and can only move through the side navigation

Check the sizing for div block 20. It has a fixed height!

Oh damn, thanks Jean! :smiley:
I switched it to “AUTO” but then it only appears in the hero section even though it should get the height from the body as the “LINEGRADIENT” DIV is set to “AUTO” aswell :thinking:

That’s not how inheritance works. If it’s set to auto or 100%, it will take the height that its parent is occupying. To fix that you need to change its positioning or put it somewhere else in the page that would allow you to use a position sticky or fixed for example.

Okay. I now made it fixed with an height of 100VH and it works well except for the fact that it somehow stops when the footer section begins. I’m sorry to bother you but do you know why that could be the case?

Found the solution.

For someone who might experience the same:

The footer section was set to “relative” instead of “static” so it didn’t work. I don’t know for sure why, but hey, it works. :smiley:

Glad to know you fixed everything. I was out of office yesterday so couldn’t help you.

Have a great day!

1 Like