I’m new to using Webflow and I’m creating a website that targets local home service keywords. I would like to nest all of the services under the location page (i.e. /sydney/plumbing, melbourne/roofing, etc.) and bulk-create multiple pages for each city/service combination.
I’m wondering if using Webflow CMS Collections is a better option than using page folders? I’ve installed a website template and one of the issues i’m having is being able to edit the page template for a collection item (i.e. roofing in melbourne). Does anyone have experience building a similar website?
Thanks in advance!
Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)
You’d run out of static pages fast, since you’re capped at 100.
Collection pages is almost certainly the right way to go.
This might be overkill for your needs, but I build a lot of sites like this and I’d approach it this way;
- Locations ( e.g. Sydney )
- Services ( e.g. Plumbing )
- ServiceLocations ( e.g. Sydney Plumbing ) - has single ref fields to Locations, and Services
- Providers ( e.g. Jacob’s Plumbing Emporium ) - has a multi ref field to ServiceLocations
This design allows you to do pretty much everything you’d want to;
- Location pages can list all of the providers in that location, with their service
- Service pages can list all of the providers of that service, with their location
- “Melbourne Wedding Dance Instructors” gets its own page, and can list all of the providers
- Each provider can be in more than one location
If you’re needing a couple of hours of assistance on the design work, PM me and we can chat.