Any good, free form processors out there that allow redirects after submission?

Hi folks,

I’m running into issues finding form processors to process a webflow-designed form for me. I have a form I’d like to use (and yes, I’d prefer to use a webflow designed form because the other free form-generators out there just feel ugly and bloated to me), but my webflow form doesn’t receive a ton of submissions, so having to pay for a form processor just seems a bit frivolous.

I’ve tried form spree, form carry, and basin, but they all now force a redirect to their processor “thank you” page after submission, which is a bit of a jarring experience. (The reason being that apparently there were phishing scams taking advantage of the custom redirect.)

So, my questions are:

1. Is there any form processor out there that does NOT do this and is free?

2. If there isn’t, is there any way to avoid those auto redirects to the forms’ pages somehow? (I’m guessing no, but if I’m wrong, please enlighten me.)

Thanks - just feeling really stumped and frustrated right now.

Hiya, what is the end result you want from your form?

Zapier has a ton of integrations you can use, you can send forms to a google sheet and then have it so something else. It’s also free to use for the first 5 zaps.

You can set up a redirect in Webflow to your own thank you page, just add the url extension in the form settings.

Sorry if I’ve misunderstood your original question.

No worries!

I want to keep my webflow form to look as it is, i.e. not embedding a third party form into my site.

But I need to be able to process the form since I’ll be exporting the site and not hosting via webflow.

The third party processors have made it so their thank you pages show up when the form is submitted via their processing setup. Which is what I don’t like. They usually provide this option, but now most of them charge for it. And I’m having a hard time justifying paying for a form that doesn’t really get used a whole lot. However, that said, I still need the form to be functional, hence, I need a processor.

I’d LOVE to be able to have the form processed and then integrated into a Zap, because ultimately I want the form to generate a lead in my customer management software. Formcarry does this I believe - but again, they’re now charging if I don’t want to see their thank you redirect.

Maybe I’m being too picky or stingy, but those dang subscription-based services add up so quickly over time I just can’t justify paying for it.

Hope that makes sense, but if not, let me know how I can clarify! :slight_smile:

Ah I see. I can’t help with that I’m afraid, all my sites are hosted with Webflow.

Not at all, just careful with your pennies :wink:

1 Like

:slight_smile: Yeah, if I could host with Webflow right now I would. I just have a giant blog I need to migrate over and I haven’t had a chance yet to design the blog aspect of my site and, to be honest, designing that totally intimidates me at the moment.

That and I’ve got a bunch of different e-mails I use on my current hosting with multiple domains. I wish Webflow could offer a service like that, but I get why they don’t. Maybe I just need to suck it up and consolidate all the separate e-mails into one. Ha!

Hey, We have made this changes to Formcarry yesterday due to phishing attackers, We are not happy with that but we got a lot of blocking request for phishing accounts.

But you can still use our AJAX option, which is really easy to set up,
add this code snippet before your tag:

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.2.4/jquery.min.js"></script>
    <script>
    $(function(){
    $(".ajaxForm").submit(function(e){
        e.preventDefault();
        var href = $(this).attr("action");
        $.ajax({
            type: "POST",
            dataType: "json",
            url: href,
            data: $(this).serialize(),
            success: function(response){
                if(response.status == "success"){
                    window.location.href = 'http://google.com'; // change this. 
                }else{
                    alert("An error occured: " + response.message);
                }
            }
        });
    });
    });
    </script>

then add ajaxForm class to your form element, like this:
<form class="ajaxForm" action="https://formcarry.com/s/{Your Form ID}" method="POST">

I know Webflow work slightly different but we have a guide for Webflow as well:

I’m here to help you for further, don’t mind to ask anything!

1 Like

Hi @nusu - I totally understand the need to make that change.

And seriously - thank you SOOOO much for providing that AJAX script. It worked like a charm!

I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your help with this and for understanding my particular situation! I really, really appreciate it! Thank you thank you thank you! :slight_smile: :grin: :raised_hands: :raised_hands: :raised_hands:

1 Like

@KPMT Happy to saved your time :angel:

1 Like

Hi @KPMT

Not free but not expensive, I use Simfatic Forms - works very well and I use it on multiple webflow sites… So many custom options to choose from…

John

1 Like

Hi! I found a tool that really improved my lead generation which you might find interesting to check out. It’s very powerful and you can use it on any website and allows you redirect after submissions. Oh, and you don’t need any coding skills! It’s called ConvertCalculator and you can start for free.

Hey all,

I can highly recommend Tectite MailForm. This is a completely free, extremely robust and powerful form processor written in PHP. You can host it on any server of your choice and use it with any webflow form with the method “post”. There are no limits known to me.

It supports ReCaptcha, custom redirects and even your own mail templates can be used. But probably by far the most important: No bot can crawl the email address.

Here you can learn more: https://www.tectite.com/

A small guide for the setup is already available in the forum: How To on using your own form processor with webflow form

Cheers, Dennis. :tada: