Interesting Tool. It works pretty well… with a couple small / minor fixable issues. Not really sure why “this text” in my reply is bold ??? I didn’t make it bold.
You can end up with some erroneous code.
For example: if you have this text “Responsive Website” without the quotes and
- you highlight “Responsive”… Bold it
- then highlight “Website”… make it Bold
Do this a few times…
and (Like Many Other Editors) you “can” end up with something like this:
Also - notice… it uses “
<b>” instead of “
It also doesn’t work on Folders… so if you have a Demo Folder… not gonna work.
It will only pick up the website in the root.
Changing / Cropping photos works well. Not sure why this text is bold also ???
Editing a Modal window is also an issue… as it doesn’t place an overly under the modal window.
— ie: you cannot really see what you are editing.
You cannot edit non-visible things - like Title / Meta tags or JS.
Changes are immediately (on save) uploaded via FTP to your site
- and replaces existing code. So you have to be careful.
- It provides to “No Version Control”
Adding a user (to edit) the website is easy…
- but it also gives them full control.
A user can change the ftp user name / pw… and can add users themselves.
They can add other websites as well.
Editing for users is as simple as replying to an email.
- Nice and easy… however - there is No password required.
- Their (selector.io’s) validation is a simple email address passed via a string.
- That should worry you.
I am eager to see how they implement their PHP system… since that’s mostly what I use.
- their php system is still under development.
Appears to be a 2 person company.