Add Unique Identifier in Form Submission Subject Line

Continuing the discussion from How do you make email form enquiries receive as separate emails, which was answered incorrectly and never solved.

#The Problem

Emails submitted from two different persons end up in the same Gmail thread. This is because all emails are sent from the same email address (no-reply@webforms.io), and have the same subject line.

We are not able to create a unique subject line, as the only fields available are {{siteName}} and {{formName}}.

#Proposed Solution

Please allow same kind of unique identifier like:

• Date/Time
  • Sender email address
  • IP address of sender
  • Auto-incrementing number (like a ticket number #123456)
3 Likes

Hi there,

I am wondering if there is any way to change the title of the form submissions (ex: numbered) to avoid the emails stacking?

See below:

1 Like

Not that I know of but you can tell gmail to not create email threads and treat each email as a separate email instead of grouping them.

Unfortunately that is not a good solution because it would interrupt the workflow of my support team who deal with hundreds of emails per day. Please make this feature accessible as it is crucial to our operations and I am sure is a huge inconvenience to many others as well.

Trying to resolve this same issue! Any suggestions?

Yes, you can reply to this topic often to bump it to the top of the wishlist category so the admins will take a look at it sooner.

We use the Zapier integration to send form entries to email addresses. This way you can filter based on form selections and you can format the email how you want it. Cheers!

You can also add an HTML embed into the form with this to add the URL of the page the form was submitted. We use this to filter form submission in Zapier to the right department based on what page our CTA form was completed on.

<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript"><!--
document.write('<input ');
document.write('   type="hidden" ');
document.write('   name="pageURL" ');
document.write('   value="' + document.URL + '">');
//--></script>

I realize I never actually answered the question… In Zapier you can add a field from the form to the subject line to make it unique.

We need that, is very important.