3D Transforms are here!

Very exciting stuff! Thanks Webflow team.

will you be releasing a tutorial?

Thanks, Aaron

8 Likes

Hey @Aaron, yep, it’s finally here! :smile:

Check out some examples of what you can do with this big new feature here on Product Hunt: Webflow - The site you want — without the dev time | Product Hunt

9 Likes

@callmevlad, great examples, I had started playing around this morning, but not gonna lie, everything I have created has been really tasteless :confused: but these examples are stunning! great inspiration.

Thanks, again.

Aaron.

This is nothing short of awesome ! Thanks a lot to the Webflow team !

3 Likes

And look at that, this new feature is on Product Hunt: Webflow - The site you want — without the dev time | Product Hunt - be sure to visit :smiley:

3 Likes

What a great feature guys! :clap: :beers:

2 Likes

Pretty amazing! Nice examples too. Gives me memories on the interactions features being releases. Not easy to master, but once mastered so easy to work with. Now I just need to master this feature as well ha ha! Not sure where to start :smile:

1 Like

This is amazing, great job!

1 Like

Wow this is ridiculous awesome. Plans for the day postponed!

4 Likes

This does look great, really really great. Well done.

:rage:

BUT
I cannot imagine using it without becoming so frustrated that I will want to throw my keyboard out of the window, as every time I want to make a 3d self assembling cube I WILL HAVE TO START FROM SCRATCH!

:rage:

Please, please, please, please give us the ability to copy assets from one project to another.
It is such a major shortcoming!!!
Since we started using desktop computers Cmd/Ctrl C/V etc has been a standard feature, why in 2015 are we still not able to do this with assets, widgets, css, 3d transforms, interactions - whatever you want to call them.

In the past when this issue has cropped up the team at Webflow has said that the CSS would become a mess, impractical etc etc.
If that’s the case have a staging post where all unnecessary CSS gets stripped out and then when an asset is pasted into a different project add a prefix for the import such as imp-xxx so we the users can see that it is an imported style. Surely this is not beyond the capability of you very, very, very clever guys at WebFlow.

Come on - give us some feedback and pay real attention to this. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

This is incredible!! Literally added a whole new dimension to what I can do! The Webflow team rocks!

Maybe some in-depth tutorials Under the Courses? That would be the cherry on top! :grinning:

3 Likes

Cmooon, be a creative designer, not a copy/paste machine :wink:
BTW, I don’t think you need 3D cube on so many sites :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oops… should have looked first! Haha! you guys are on the ball!

There is video tutorials in every section which show you how to create particular effect http://3d-transforms.webflow.com/

1 Like

Hey @PixelAce,

It’s fun to learn! Sure it’s hard to make a cube now but in two days you’ll be pro at it :smiley::smiley::smiley:. The issue with transferable assets is I think that they are very technically challenging as well as finding a way to fit it into the UX. The issue with copying assets from your perspective is that you’re cheating yourself from learning so that when you want to change things or make different effects you can’t. It’s really worth putting in the initial effort to learn it. @PixelGeek and @Mat are giving a webinar on 3D transforms today at 10AM PST which will be super helpful for getting to grips with it and getting answers to any questions you might have!

Arthur

P.S. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOO
This is the most awesome update since the last awesome update!!! :smiley::smiley::smiley::tada::tada::tada:

3 Likes

I want to free my time to be creative instead of having to recreate from scratch so that I can get a head start when I want to tweak or adapt my previous creations.
It’s all about efficiency to free up my creative time. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

OK I’ll settle for a 3d dodecahedron instead of a cube :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Special Webcast for New Webflow features! Tuesday December 15th @ 10am PST

Haha I’m sure the team will release that kind of capability at some point in the future @PixelAce :slight_smile: for now we just need to go have fun and learn this new dimension of awesomeness. :smiley:

The Webflow Team has literally given us a new dimension to work within, and we can do it all visually. They’re basically time-lords haha. You guys are INCREDIBLE! :smiley:

And @ilikewebdesign they record all of their workshops and they’re available here: https://webflow.com/workshops and on their YouTube channel.

I Love You all Webflow team :smiley:
:purple_heart: Waldo

3 Likes

You are all missing the point, it’s not the 3d transforms per see.
It’s everything that can be created in WebFlow. I know how to create a good looking tile with a picture in the top and a great looking bit of text in the bottom with a fantastic cool looking interaction when moused over - and now with a little bit of learning I can throw in a 3d transform, fantastic.
But if I want to do it again for another site, I have to start over, and that is a waste of time…
I still do not get why it is an issue with the UX, and I am certainly not cheating myself.

3 Likes

@PixelAce We totally hear you, and are frustrated by this daily ourselves (we build everything with Webflow too!). Cross-site copy paste has been the “holy grail” that we’re aiming for here, and we’re making some significant underlying changes to make this possible. Believe me, this is a top priority for us, and it will really open up what’s possible with Webflow once it’s finalized! :smile:

10 Likes