2FA on pages passwords

Is there a way to integrate two factor authentications on pages passwords?

I don’t think it’s safe to set a unique password and send to users. They easily can send the password to someone else to have access. Two factor authentication would help on that. Do you think is there a way to integrate with a tool to do it?

1 Like

Hey did you ever find a solution for this?

2FA? Are you talking about Webflow’s basic password protection feature?

No, that feature is password only. There is no user ID or email entered. No user account of any kind. How would you 2FA that? There’s no one to request 2FA from.

If you’re wanting to control information access at a user level, you need users, which means a membership system like MemberStack or Webflow Memberships.

Even with a membership system, 2FA is considered overkill for many use cases ( remember, security is the enemy of usability ). MemberStack seems to be considering it. In most cases 2FA is a user decision ( e.g. Google logins have a 2FA option ), and is not mandated by the secured resource provider outside of a few banks.

I was looking for the same. The reason for this is that in many countries people only have cell phones, so putting pages behind SMS codes allows you to:

• Protect valuable content
  • Capture marketing leads in a verified manner

Looking around and reading posts like these makes me conclude that there’s no solution for this. Assuming that, how likely is it that you could build an app to do this?

Cheers!

You could use my approach here-

And then deliver the password in the SMS only.

Your request page would change to “enter your phone and accept terms”, and you’d effectively send them a magic link that gives them access. Note that everyone would get the same magic link so if anyone shares that link, your rego form can be bypassed.

But you could change the password once in awhile.