Working Native Webflow Inbox/Member Chat Solution

I created a working member-to-member inbox/direct-messaging solution which only requires Webflow CMS, Memberstack, Zapier, Airtable. Here is a video walkthrough of the functionality… Let me know what you think! Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

7 Likes

Hi Trever,

This is just what I’ve been looking for so it was a pleasant surprise that you just put this up a few days ago!

I am looking to set this up for inbox/direct messaging between a number jobseekers and employers on a job board site. Can you explain further how it works with Zapier and Airtable. I just need to get my head around the whole concept/flow to set this up!

To put things in perspective, I need to add this solution to into the user accounts of each jobseeker and employer on a messages page which would look similar to the attached screenshot.

Thanks

Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 3.10.57 pm|690x391

I can not provide an exact details to you. But I can refer best chat solutions to you with 100% customizable option.

1. www.mirrorfly.com
  2. www.apphitect.ae
  3. www.sendbird.com

If you want more details, let you see: Top 10 Chat, Audio & Video Calling API & SDK Providers for Enterprise Business / Habr

Hey @treverjgray Glad to see you video.it was realy cool video.you have amazing stuff.
there are lot of chat solution providers in global market.personaly i have used CONTUS FLY for my internal communication.

Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Great feature! I am looking forward to try something similar too :slight_smile:

Any updates?
I am trying to build a chat room or inbox for job seekers and recruiters. What should I do? Is it possible to do with Webflow.

1 Like

Any updates?
I am trying to build a chat room or inbox for job seekers and recruiters. What should I do? Is it possible to do with Webflow.

Do u have a live website for the same?

Looking the best video call app? Here video call sdk Android is providing fascinating approaches to make use of defined apps. This is suitable for identifying on the video conference SDK apps suitable for your desires. It clearly mention with top notch api for websites.

1. Lifesize
  2. Cisco
  3. BlueJeans

If you want more details, Let you see: http://www.trustfirms.com/top-video-conferencing-software/

Some people may find it useful:

My team is working on a peer-to-peer chat solution for Webflow and Memberstack.

We are making it a completely NoCode solution, so you really only need to copy-paste our cdn script and set an ID for div, where you want the chat to be rendered. And it is already integrated with Memberstack.

It is going to be release in 2021 Feb, meanwhile here is our working demo (try to chat!) and opt-in for updates page!
https://www.likepay.dev/membertalk

Cheers!

@Igor_Voroshilov I’m looking for a solution identical to this product you’re making. Thank you so much for sharing!

1 Like

Thanks! I will let you know as soon as we lauch it: in a week or so!

Hey @Igor_Voroshilov This sounds interesting. Can we use this to talk between memberships? Say for example a job seeker can chat with the job poster, one on one?

1 Like

Hey @zeeshan ! Thanks for your interest.
Yes, exactly! Any job board or matching platform can use chat to let members talk to each other right on the webflow Website. The only requirement will be to use Memberstack, for now.
We are launching this month, so I will keep you updated!

1 Like

Hi Igor, having problems setting memberchat up, can you assist? Its not being rendered

Hey Igor,

I am trying to implement your memberchat solution. The chat seems to be working but the avatar and name are not displaying properly.

if (!window.mcDemo) {
if (!projectId || !/^.{32}$/.test(projectId)) {
throw new MemberchatError(‘Memberchat id is invalid or not defined’);
}

if (!('name' in attributes) || !attributes['name'].value) {
  console.warn('Attribute "name" not found or empty');
}

if (!('avatar' in attributes) || !attributes['avatar'].value) {
  console.warn('Attribute "avatar" not found or empty');
}

}

Is this because I am not on a paid plan yet?

Best regards,
Jure Novak

1 Like

Hello Jure! Thanks for your question and sorry for taking time with reply - I didn’t notice the question till now.

Name and Avatar should be set in Memberchat project settings. You need to have your Memberstack Custom Field ID setup for both Avatar and Name in Memberchat settings. For Avatar it should be an URL with image and name is just a string with name.

Also after you finish setup try to reset your API key for Memberstack in Memberchat settings. It will trigger update of all members’ data.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact me in case you need more help.

Thanks for the answer! I checked everything and the problem still persists. The custom fields are setup. Can you have more then one custom field in the avatar name, maybe thats the problem?