Why does changing grid on mobile view change desktop?

I am having three issues with grid. Would really appreciate the help

1. whenever I change mobile grid with one column and three rows the desktop view also changes.

2)I cant delete one column. I right click on the editing bar of the grid and then the site refreshes and I get a complete gray screen.(see screenshot)

1. whats creating all the space below the grid

My site: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/nadav-keysons-top-notch-project?utm_source=nadav-keysons-top-notch-project&preview=e7467f220039c6dceb53a221d58d2e8b

Thanks a lot in advance!

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Only what’s in the Style panel can be changed between devices. If you alter the structure of an element, this won’t be responsive and will affect all devices. For Grids, you can’t change the structure of the grid, but you can change its valueS. You can also change the order of the content.

1 Like

Hi, I am wondering if you can help. I am having some issue with my grid, in desktop there are 4 Rows & 3 Columns, However when I edit my grid on Mobile device for 1 Column & 10 Rows things get mixed up in desktop and tablet Device. Is there anything that I missed and how I can resolve the issue? Thanks

Thanks Vincent. Makes sense but I saw a tutorial on youtube where the guy used a grid on desktop but a flex box on tablet and mobile and that didn’t change the desktop? How come?

Grid is a CSS value of the Display property. So you can have Grid on Desktop, and Flex on Tablet.

Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 11.58.36

Can I even fix this on mobile because I can’t change the order of the things I have in the grid

It’s not clear from your screenshots what it is that you’re trying to do-
but yes you can use set row and column positions for your grid’s children.
It also supports areas depending on how you want your layout to work.

I’d generally recommend keeping things simple, plan ahead, aim for natural flow as much as possible and override it in the specific cases where it makes sense. Your projects will be 100x easier to maintain.

You should see some of the cleanup projects I’ve had to do on client projects :astonished: