Weglot vs Webflows Localizations

HI all!

I’m trying to decide if it’s worth switching from Weglot to webflow’s translation solution. Do I gain anything from it? If so, what? I try to google but can’t find much I can take with me to convince my client. The basic problem with Weglot is that my client uses Korean and Chinese as translation. That translation is hugely wrong. It is possible to translate manually, but there are simply too many errors. Does anyone here have experience with webflow’s solution and these particular languages? And would you generally recommend changing? You are welcome to write the advantages and the profit with webflow’s solution!

None went from Weglot to Webflow?:sweat_smile:

I didn’t make that transition, but for us-

• Webflow’s Amazon translate approach is epic, the quality is fantastic. We don’t worry about mis-translations. We’ve done English to Simplified Chinese, Korean, and Arabic.
  • The process isn’t perfect but certain things like rich text elements translate far more conveniently than what we’ve seen with some other platforms.
  • Overall the fact that it’s integrated works for us.

Lots of limitations too, so maybe have a look here before you commit. You don’t want to discover that something your site relies on will cause you problems.

Hey,

Switching from Weglot to Webflow’s built-in translation solution can offer several benefits, especially if you’re dealing with languages like Korean and Chinese where automated translations may not be accurate. Here are some advantages of using Webflow’s translation solution:

Manual Translation Control:
With Webflow’s translation solution, you have full control over the translation process. Instead of relying on automated translations like Weglot, you can manually translate each piece of content to ensure accuracy, especially for languages with complex grammar and nuances like Korean and Chinese.

Quality Assurance:
By translating content manually, you can ensure that the translations are accurate and culturally appropriate for your target audience. This can help improve the overall quality of your website and enhance user experience for non-English-speaking visitors.

Seamless Integration:
Since Webflow’s translation solution is integrated directly into the platform, you don’t need to rely on third-party services like Weglot. This can simplify your workflow and reduce dependency on external tools, leading to a more streamlined and efficient translation process.

Customization and Flexibility:
With Webflow, you have the flexibility to customize your website’s design and layout for each language version. You can create unique experiences tailored to different language speakers, including custom navigation menus, content formatting, and localized imagery.

SEO Benefits:
By translating your website’s content manually, you can improve its visibility in search engines for non-English-speaking audiences. Accurate translations and localized content can help your website rank higher in local search results, driving more organic traffic to your site.

Cost Savings:
While third-party translation services like Weglot may require subscription fees or per-word translation costs, using Webflow’s built-in translation solution eliminates the need for additional expenses. You can allocate resources towards manual translation efforts instead of paying for automated translation services.

Hope it helps!