Webflow Practical Use as CMS?

Can someone tell me how one can practically use Webflow in place of a Wordpress site?

I have created a Webflow siteand I absolutely love the designer and what I have created (see http://legendsofultima.online)

However, the more functions I try to implement the more impractical it becomes. Webflow keeps popping up advertised as the Wordpress killer and replacement however I keep running into issues that debunk this almost entirely.

With WordPress I can have unlimited number of users register and login and they can be admins, content creators, anything I want them to be. With Webflow I do not have this ability at all. With paid hosting I can have 3 content editors that can only edit content, not do everything everyone else can do. If I want more editors I have to pay more, if I want designers they each have to pay $35.

Can someone tell me how Webflow is actually a practical replacement for Wordpress?

I love Webflow but I am just not finding that it is really geared towards users like myself. I am now having to contemplate PAYING for upgrade account level just to export my site so I can try to create it in Pinegrow or something to convert to Wordpress.

It’s extremely frustrating. I contacted support who gave generic answers.

Am I missing something?

(This is not a hate post, I love Webflow but I just don’t see any practical use unless you do not need editors or admins besides yourself)

That is beautiful site you’ve created! Great job! :smiley:

As for your question…

With WordPress I can have unlimited number of users register and login and they can be admins, content creators, anything I want them to be.

What you are describing is a web app. At this time you cannot create a fully functioning web app within Webflow. However, you still can design/build the front-end of your web app within Webflow.

After you have done that, you can easily export your site’s static HTML, CSS, JS and images.

For more information on this, please refer to this article:
http://help.webflow.com/features/exporting

Alternatively, a community member is working on this:

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Thanks for your reply.

So it sounds like really my only option right now would be to export and then convert my site into a Wordpress website. I might have to look into that.

I am not a huge fan of Wordpress though as it tends to easily be bloated and confusing to use for some users.

If Webflow actually allowed unlimited designers and/or content editors…this would not even be a thought.

I would build my site with CMS/Collection lists and then it would be no problem to use for our application,.

Thanks for your reply, and compliments on my site :slight_smile: