I’m reaching out to ask if you’ve had any issues with Webflow creating conflicts and crashing OS X Mavericks. Finder on my laptop started crashing repeatedly on Wed while I was using Webflow. Here’s a timeline:
- Using Webflow, chrome pages start to continuously crash, Finder starts crashing repeatedly, mac shuts off & reboots itself. All desktop apps unable to launch (everything “quits unexpectedly”).
- Run Antivirus/Malware software - cleared (web & applications still crash)
- Apple Genius Bar:
- launched in safe mode, apple diagnostic checks - cleared
- Apple installs clean/new version of Mavericks
- Since the crashes started during web usage, I thought it could be a Chrome extension conflict, so I installed a fresh version of chrome canary.
- System works fine. Used photoshop, browsed web with no problems. Did not use Webflow.
- Started using Webflow in the morning, the webpage died and my mac rebooted on it’s own. The finder has begun to crash repeatedly again.
- Removed ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.finder.plist and restarted (web & applications still crash)
- Reset SMC / NVRAM / PRAM
Right now Webflow is the only consistent factor. Could there be a Webflow conflict here that’s causing my system to crash? Has anyone else reported this? I’ve never seen this behavior before.
I’ll keep updating this doc with my progress. Thanks to @thesergie for suggesting I post this to see if anyone in Webflow the community has seen this problem.