Webflow has secured $76m in funding, are we going to see any improvements in your dev team?

What I see here is what I see all the time: people complaining and talking about “the community” with a history of not helping but just requesting help and complain, and people trying to make them understand why it could be so, and those are very well know here to spend a lot of time to help users and educate about web design, html, css and Webflow.

I am one of those talking about the community, especially in this post: There are issues with this whole community and I can tell you that:

(1) the tone of the OP is completely OK, completely respectful and honest. I’d say that it is even too mild, but let’s not digress in this. I’d also add that the years cited are inaccurate, because that is the time of the requests staying the Wishlist. But those requests date from earlier posts in the forum, before the introduction of the Wishlist. So the waiting time is actually longer.

(2) since Webflow get our fees and they get funding, they must be accountable for what is going on. You give some explanations why it takes so much time, they sound reasonable, but told by you, they are a mere speculation. It is Webflow who must answer.

(3) we pay our fees and this is enough for us to demand accountability. Since when is contributing to the community a license to require the quality and scope that Webflow promise us and that we pay for?

(4) I have personally contributed to the community, you can check my forum activity on my profile. But as I mentioned above in this thread, I realized that was futile and discouraging. I’ll repeat myself here (and repeating oneself is very unpleasant thing to do): reporting bugs, with detailed descriptions, making screenshots, gifs, explaining how you have isolated the bug so as to make sure it comes from Webflow and not from some setting on your own computer, etc, takes time. Then by the responses you get from support and by the actual outcome of nothing happening, you come to realize how it’s nothing but a waste of time. Reporting UI glitches is an even worse waste of time (and waste of self-respect - it’s instructional to see how Webflow react when users express disagreement with some of their UI work). So why contribute?

(5) what I said in the above point is just to illustrate that even contributing is flawed by the way Webflow treat us as paying customers. Just an additional point and nothing else. I want to emphasize again, that a paying user need not contribute anything in order to be in the right to demand accountability!

1 Like