Video Background for mobile devices

Hello, i have created a site with a video background. Everything works, just when i load the site on a mobile device its scaled way too big so i can only see a quarter of the video. The rest is not in the site.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you!

Here is my site Read-Only: waybak.webflow.io

Hello @Simon_21,

In order to help you we need your read only site link not the published site link. There is a way to share your read only site on the designer.

Sure, here it is:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/waybak?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=dashboard&utm_content=waybak&preview=d3ca734fbabe6305b3120ec35c092cbe&mode=preview

But in the read only mode the video doesn’t even play. On the published site the video plays, also mobile, but is too big scaled.

Hello @Simon_21,

So you have your background video size set to 100 vw and 200 px right? I would change that px value to something else, maybe % or vh but you will have the experiment with the right sizes for mobile until you have the desire result. I hope this puts you on the right track.

Try this custom code:

<style>
   .w-background-video > video {
       width: 100%;
   }
</style>

> “Child Selector” - Selects all <video> elements where the parent is a <div class="w-background-video"> element

Related:

YEEES! That worked, thank you very much!

1 Like

Great :slight_smile:

Mark as solution to close this topic. Thanks!