Unsmooth scrolling

Hi guys!

My homepage doesn’t scroll smoothly. Any ideas as to why this is?

Here’s the read only link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/mary-guo?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=mary-guo&preview=800e5d2ea62b610c3d1da2f2b17aeaa1&mode=preview

Any help is so appreciated!

Welcome to the community!

I’m not seeing anything abnormal on my end, are you experiencing the same issue on the published site or just when previewing in the Designer? I’ve noticed that sometimes the latter is not as smooth as it is once the site is live.

Hi! Thanks for the response. I’m actually only experience it on the published site and not in the designer… I’ve also tried on a desktop and laptop, and it’s also not smooth. It’s alright when I use the scroll wheel on my mouse, but it’s super laggy when I click and drag the scroll bar on the screen.

Ah okay, I’m seeing the same issue myself and it’s certainly very strange.

I’m not seeing any errors in the console and it doesn’t look like you have any external scripts running that could be interfering with the scroll behavior, however the problem appears to be localized to your homepage.

My thought is the issue could be caused by the “Why you should hire a CPA” section—although I can’t test myself to see if removing those interactions improves the performance at all. Can you do me a favor and hide the section and republish to see if the issue persists?

Edit: So after hiding that section mentioned above I was still getting the issue, however when I removed the “What our clients are saying” section the problem stopped—so the issue is caused by something there.

Thanks so much for your help! It’s definitely the hide/show effect in the “What our clients are saying” interaction… So I took it out, and it scrolls smoothly now. Thanks again for narrowing it down!!