Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Track nr. of clicks on collection item

Hi!
I would like to know if there is a way of tracking the clicks on a collection item?
A counter in the CMS that goes one up every time someone clicks it.

I would like to show the most viewed blog posts, and so far I can only solve it by tracking it in Google Analytics, and then manually changing a field with nr of clicks in my CMS every now and then. But the project is for a client, and I don’t intend on doing this forever, and I also don’t think he would love this solution.
I have also thought about trying with custom code, but all I can think of would make the counter start at 0 for every person ever opening the page and also restart at 0 on refresh.

Hope you can help! :smiley:

There is no easy native way of doing this. You’ll need to set up a way to get impression counts from something like Google Analytics, then use the Webflow API to update a field in the CMS through something like Postman, Zapier or Integromat.

Ah too bad, but thanks a lot for the answer! :smiley: Have a nice day :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Linea So I got halfway, haven’t had the time to figure out the last bit but you can get the numbers into an auto-updating Google Sheet and then in theory push through zapier. Let me know if you have any luck. https://discourse.webflow.com/t/sort-cms-by-popular-posts-i-have-half-a-solution/155564

1 Like

Cool @J8kes, thank you very much, this is great! I will update you if I make it work :sunglasses:

1 Like