Text over images

I want to create a image that transitions between one image to the other. I have one element with a background image, but as soon as I insert another image it pushes the text off to the side.

So I’ve fumbled around with it, and placed a div block and used the background image on that. However, when I transition that image I lose the text.

Ideally, I’d just have a single element with multiple BG images, and I could just change the opacity of one of those images based on mouse hover or page load, but it doesn’t appear that is possible.

Is there a way to have an image take up the entire section, and have text over the top of that?

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/american-lifestyle-homes?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=dashboard&utm_content=american-lifestyle-homes&preview=788b890ab04fdd46fdc2e6b78b1a9705&mode=preview

You simply need to make your main image container set to relative position and then set your text to absolute. Then it won’t get pushed or moved. You should also do this for static images that you’d like to fade in/out.