Symbols not the same on each page

Hi all,

I have a small issue with some symbols.

I have 2 symbols on a website (announcement bar and Navbar cc) that together form my navbar.

On the homepage they are how I want them to be (also on mobile portrait). But on the rest of the pages where I used the same symbols they look different on mobile portrait.

Would be great if someone could help me out.

Kind regards

Here is my site Read-Only:

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/de-camper-club-1-0?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=dashboard&utm_content=de-camper-club-1-0&preview=e7b78089f60fa862172fdf94de978f02&mode=preview

Hi Goderd,

So this is what’s going on - dbl click your symbol “navbar cc” on the home page in mobile view - then dbl click “Navbar - Menu Left” - then under navbar row > navbar group - you’ll see “Brand” click on this once and look over at your selector tags on this element (top right).

You’ll see there is a tag of “current” on this - this tag is used to make a different set up on the page it is current to (you’d usually use this for something like hiding the button on your navbar for the page you are currently on, so you wouldn’t see the home button on the home page, etc. ) - Also, notice that when it has "current selected, it has a top margin of 80px.

If you go to one of the other pages and click down in the interaction the same way, you’ll see without the “current tag” there is no longer a margin of 80px and the brand slides up.

To fix - remove the current tag and add 80px to the top margin, this should correct the element for all of the pages.

• Also I looked and don’t seem to see any differences happening with the footer between the pages but if you could rehash that problem and be a bit more specific - I can take another look (although it might be a similar problem occurring).

Hope that helps!

Best,

Jeff Wagar

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for this. It all seems very clear but how do I remove the current tag? If I click on the cross in the (green) current tag it does nothing and stays put.

Kind regards,

Goderd

Sorry about that,

I didn’t really think about how it gets automatically applied when it’s linked to the current page it’s on.

I’m pretty sure if you just go to one of the ones that don’t have the current state and adjust to having the same 80px of top margin - they’ll be the same even though the one on the home page will have a state of current. (You might have to go back to the “current state” one after and remove 80px - because it might have 80 from the non-current state and then an extra 80 on the current state) I believe this should correct the problem.

The only way I could think of to remove the “current” state and still have it link to the home page is if you switch the link to “link to external page” then make the link the home page url - this will make it think it’s linking to an outside page so it shouldn’t get the current state.

Hope that helps!

Best,

Jeff Wagar

Hi Jeff,

Exactly; I set the 80px margin on the ones without the current state on it and that worked.

Thank you for your help!

Kind regards,

Goderd

1 Like