Struggling with a company name

Ooo if you’re going space theme, maybe look for some constellations

Space is “up” and up is where you want to take your clients

Exactly. The logo was just something I was messing around with on Photoshop, but could do a lot of cool stuff with the hero of the sight given the space theme

Mission Scale and the rocket on it’s mission too - could see that working…

Scalable was another one I was thinking about. Good choice I think :slight_smile:

You can always impress Nelson with a rocket or something related to space…

but heck… I’m the same way ! :slight_smile:

I have a suspicious feeling @PixelGeek might be a Trekkie.

URL purchased. No going back now.

Thanks everyone for the help. I got a lot of great insights here, not only on a name, but on positioning in general.

This is a fantastic community!

1 Like

which one did you get ?

scalableb2b.com

The name will be Scalable, which I think appeals to the positioning I want. Adding B2B specifies the type of customer. Also, from a search perspective, if B2B startup founder searches “Scalable B2B Marketing” I want to be #1.

Also, “scalable.com” is some Chinese website, so I am not concerned about that.

Now I will need to migrate my existing site without getting dinged by Google.

I didn’t really have much traffic to begin with, so I am assuming it’s not that big of a deal. Do I just unlist from Google and republish on the new domain?

good choice !

If your traffic is low… I wouldn’t worry about it.

Otherwise do a 301 Redirect. This is a permanent redirect so all traffic and juice will flow to the new site.

The biggest thing for new sites is getting indexed.

I’d plan to release new content on a regular basis once a week for 3 to 6 months then drip it down to once every 2 to 4 weeks. If the content is good… after 6 to 9 month - you should be near the top - if not at the top.

Yup. I already started some content generation on the old site, but my goal is to write a post a day. We’ll see how long I can keep it up!

So should my checklist be:

1. Delist wolfmark from Google (via search console)
  2. Set 301 redirects to ALL pages? (Via Webflow?)
  3. Republish under new domain

Does that sound right?

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.