SOLUTION; CMS Gallery Slider Showing +1 Blank Slide

Hello all,

After a long time of figuring out why my CMS Template slider was showing a +1 blank slide with conditional visibility set, I finally figured out how to fix it.

There was a similar script out there that some people said worked but it never worked for me in hiding that blank slide. With a few minor changes, it can be made to work.

Copy and paste the following script into the before /body tag of the CMS template page, and it should hide the last slide (make sure every slide has conditional visibility set).

<script>
Webflow.push(function() {
  $('.w-condition-invisible.w-slide').remove();
  Webflow.require('slider').redraw();
});
Webflow.ready();
</script>

Remember that you can only see the changes on your published website, not in preview mode.

Also Chrome and other browsers take several minutes to refresh cached data on the site so if you’re still seeing the blank slide immediately after publishing, wait 10 minutes and refresh.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!

14 Likes

Thanks Henry!
Your code works for my site!

Thank you Henry! This is exactly what I needed.

Thank you @hensy That works perfectly !!! :ok_hand:

6 Likes

hi @hensy
your code works like a charm :smiley:
I’m new in webflow and have no coding skills yet.
is there a way to hide the slider dot when one slide is visible and all the other slides are invisible?
thanks in advance

Still works!! Thank you!!

Just found this - THANK YOU! I’d used some older code that’s worked perfectly until recently. This has solved it!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this!

I was working on a CMS slider using the Finsweet slider, and it sometimes would bring in an empty slide.

This CSS would hide any empty slides on the page:

<style>
.w-slide:empty {
  display: none;
}

</style>